Your brand identity is what makes your business unique. More than just a logo, it’s how the world, or more specifically your customers, see your business. A strong brand identity gives your business power and a way to differentiate itself from your competition. Without one, well, let’s just say, things may not go that well …
Part of our job is to help businesses discover what makes them tick, what makes them unique and what makes them successful. While we don’t offer graphic design services, we do help you identify the specifics as to what you want your brand identity to be and help you achieve it. So, today we’re sharing just a snippet of what you can expect from our business planning, development and coaching services.
What is a Brand Identity & Why is it Important?
Your brand identity is your business’ face to the world. It’s what it looks like (colours, logo), what it says (emotions, values, words, trademark) and even what it smells, tastes and sounds like, depending on your business type. In essence, it is the personality of your business and what you promise your customers or clients.
A great brand identity helps:
- Build credibility and trust with your target market
- Develop instant recognition of your brand
- Bring in new customers and keep existing ones
- Get your business noticed
If you have a logo, awesome: you are on the way. If you are just getting started, that’s awesome too. Read on and we’ll explain what you need to do to create a stellar brand identity.
Steps for Creating a Strong Brand Identity
To create a strong brand identity, even if you already have a brand, start right back at the beginning.
- Do your research – find out who your target audience is and what they like, and who your competition is and what they offer.
- Focus on your brand – be specific in what your brand will offer and why customers should choose you over your competitors. Write a mission statement which states your goals and vision. Identify the personality your brand will have, the language and colours it will use and any taglines.
- Work with a graphic designer – now is the time to get your logo created or reassessed if you already have one. From the colours, shapes and fonts, they can help you choose the best ones to fit with your identified brand identity. Your GD can also help with suggestions for branding your stationery, website and product packaging too.
- Use it – once you’ve got a brand, use it and we mean everywhere. Having a document which you can share with others within your business, as well as referring to it yourself, ensures you remain focused. It should say what graphics to use where, the types of images and language to use, and where you can share information about your business.
We’d love to help you create or reassess your brand identity. Get in touch with our team today to explore the many ways in which our business services can grow your business.